Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Me:  God are you punishing me for my past? (We all have one)
God: "No but I am refining you for your future!"

These words are still ringing in my heart weeks after I heard the Spirit of God speak them to me.

When we walk through traumatic situations sometimes there are more questions then answers but this is one time God responded to one of my many questions concerning the failure of our church plant.  Trust me, I've had many questions.  But the one I've asked the most is WHY?  And I think that's probably true in any persons life that has been through difficult circumstances.  Why did my marriage end in divorce?  Why did my business fail?  Why did this person die suddenly.  Why, why, why?

Sometimes it takes years to discover why,  or we may never find out why.  These are things we sometimes just don't understand.  But what I want to focus on in this post is the answer I did get from God.  "No but I am refining you for your future."

Can you see the bright light of hope in this response from God?  I did, and it's the word FUTURE!   No matter the struggle you're going through or the difficulties of your past God wants you to know that He still has a great future for you.  I love the following verse in the Bible that was actually written to some of God's own people that were going through a very difficult moment.

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Among all of my unanswered questions here's what I know.  God still has a great plan for my life and for yours as well.  I really believe that God is more interested in preparing you for your future than He is punishing you for your past.  And many times He uses the difficult moments to prepare us.

The next is another verse I've quoted over and over again in this season of preparation or should I say "refining."

Romans 8:28-"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

I don't know where you're at today or what you've walked through but I do know that God has a great future for you and if you will allow Him, He will work everything together for YOUR good.  That's just how good God is.  TRUST HIM!

And that's why you and I can  DREAM.......AGAIN!

Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. How true!
    Yes, the key words are FUTURE & AGAIN.

    With God it's never over.

    Thanks, Ken.
    Chris Juhl

    ReplyDelete