Friday, December 21, 2012

In my last blog I talked about two verses in the Bible I have a hate, love relationship with.  Let me share the verses again from Luke 22:31,32

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.  But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail.  So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers."

I've already talked about my hate relationship with these verses.  I hate the sifting process but I willingly submit to it because of the love relationship I have with what we've just read.  I want to open the eyes of your heart to what is taking place here.

Those of us who read and know the Bible have the luxury of knowing "the rest of the story" when it comes to Peter (Simon).  How God used him one day (Acts 2) to stand and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to a mass of people and thousands received his message and accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.  And this is after he denied Jesus three times.

What we need to remember is that Peter didn't know "the rest of the story," but Jesus did!  And you can be confident today that no matter the difficulty in your life, the failure, the divorce, the failed business or whatever, Jesus knows, and He still has a great plan for your life.

Think about it!  When Jesus knew Peter was going to deny him, He still pursued Peter and His relationship with him.  Can you see it!  He's right there telling Peter that He's going to pray for him during this time of sifting and when it's over, go and strengthen others who have been struggling as well.  Jesus was pursuing Peter even when Peter was going to fail Him.  I love it!

Just before Jesus was crucified and right after Peter denied Him the Bible indicates that Jesus was pursuing Peter with a look of compassion (Luke 22:60-62).  After His resurrection Jesus pursues Peter (Mark 16:7).  I have to share this verse, it's awesome.  "But go, tell His disciples,and Peter, that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you."  Again Jesus pursues Peter in John 21 showing up on a sandy seashore while Peter and the disciples are fishing.

Here's the big idea.  GOD'S GRACE IS GREATER THEN YOUR MISTAKES!  I want you to be encouraged today.  God still has a great plan for you and at the right time you are going to step through the door of a "New Day" right into God's destiny.  That's how it happened for Peter.

But let me admonish you as well.  Don't allow your mistakes to become greater then God's grace.  Did you catch that?  This can only take place in your heart because God's grace IS greater then your mistakes but you must believe this!  His grace is available to you today but you must embrace it.  Your greatest days are before you!

Now I need to add one more thing.  Other people will also allow your mistakes to be greater then God's grace but that's just something you have to kindly ignore and move on.  For some reason in our moments of failure we often face our greatest rejection from others.  Jeanie and I had people that called us their best friends reject us.  Yes it hurts, but remember God will use whatever it takes to refine you during this sifting process.  Keep your heart pure and move forward.  Just because people allow your mistakes to be greater then God's grace you don't have to.

Don't allow the rejection to become your focus.  Hey listen, Jeanie and I have some great friends who have committed to walk with us through this season of sifting.  We're certainly thankful for them but the bottom line is that God is for us and I want you to be confident that God is for you!  

Today you can DREAM.......AGAIN because God's grace is greater then your mistakes!  After all, isn't this what Christmas is all about.  God pursuing us through sending His Son Jesus Christ to the earth!  The best is yet to come!

Stay tuned!

PS- I was about to close this out but felt like I needed to say it again.  Don't allow your mistakes or the mistakes of others to be greater then God's grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment