Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"I absolutely love the fact when I have something good or bad going on, the first person I want to call and tell is my husband.  And he does the same with me.  More than spouses we are best friends.  It's the everyday things in life I love experiencing with you.  I love you Ken Woolf!"

I love those precise points in time that I call "God Moments!"  A particular time when God opens your heart and says "this is Me!"  It's a monumental moment of life transformation you'll never forget!

Such was the case not long after I read the above Facebook post from my wife Jeanie.   At first I thought "Oh how sweet, she's so kind."  I commented on her post saying "we are best friends forever."  You know,  BFF!  That mushy stuff that causes people to go "aw, they're such a sweet couple."

Then it hits me and I'm totally blindsided by the following thought.  "Wait a minute, she still calls me her best friend and wants to experience life with me!"  This thought caught me off guard but God used this moment to once again peel back a layer of my heart and reveal Himself to me in a new and fresh way. 

Why would my wife's kind words cause me to vacate the place of a mushy romantic state of mind and just be eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for my wife and my relationship with Him?  Why would her expression of the feelings about her husband bring about a "God Moment" that is forever etched in my heart?

It's been over 20 years ago but I shattered her heart!  While serving in law enforcement I violated our marriage covenant.  We had a real crisis in our marriage!  She had every right to leave but chose to forgive me and we've experienced the awesome restoring power of God in our relationship!  

Even after I shattered her heart she still calls me her best friend and wants to experience life with me! 

It's been over three years ago that again I shattered her heart. No it wasn't a moral failure but it was a decision I made in regards to our ministry.   I totally disregarded her desires (which turns out were right) and listened to others who had a personal agenda.  I dishonored her and later regretted it! Many nights she lay in the bed next to me and cried herself to sleep.  We had a real crisis in our ministry.  But she chose to forgive me and we've experienced the awesome restoring power of God in our ministry.

Even after I shattered her heart again,  she still calls me her best friend and wants to experience  life with me!

This is it, God's perfect picture of forgiveness and love!  God saying through my wife "you failed but you're not a failure!  I still love you son and want to experience life with you.  We're still family and I still have a great plan for your life.  In fact, I want to call you my best friend!"

There's nothing more powerful and nothing will bring healing to your heart like God saying "You're My BFF!"  Especially when you've blown it in your marriage and ministry.  Wow, what a "God Moment!"

"May you experience the love of Christ, though it is to great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."  (Ephesians 3:19 NLT)

That's my prayer for each person reading this blog! I pray that somehow through the words I've shared the Holy Spirit will speak to you and reveal the love of Jesus Christ!  No matter your failures it's not over!  Let me say that again.  No matter your failures it's not over.  Trust in the love, forgiveness and restoring power of God.  His grace is abundant and He's just waiting to pour it out on you as you look to Him!  Daily He wants to experience life with you and call you His best friend!  

My friend when you experience the love of Christ in this manner it thrust you to a place of DREAMING.......AGAIN!  Get ready, open your heart, He's about to pour His love all over you and in you! 

Encouraging you,

Ken Woolf


No comments:

Post a Comment