Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sometimes the wisest person can give you the wrong advice.  Please allow me to expound.

In this blog I'm going to be a bit vulnerable but I think it's necessary to make an important point.  If you've read my previous blogs you know that Jeanie and I are in a season of rebuilding our lives after seeing our dreams fall apart.  I'm not going to elaborate right now but we faced devastation in many areas.

When you've walked through failure one of the most asked questions is the following one. "If you had it to do all over again, what would you do different?"  This isn't about condemnation but it is about reflection and learning from past mistakes.

It might surprise some to know that I believe my "biggest" mistake was not in the process of planting the church, although there were some things we could've done different and would now.  But my biggest error in judgement came in the season we were trying to decide what to do when "things" began to deteriorate.

Let me be honest.  My family was an emotional and spiritual wreck.  For a solid year we fought battle after battle many times feeling as though we had been abandoned on the field of battle.  When in this condition it can at times be difficult to make the right decisions and you are more vulnerable then you might realize.

So if I had it all to do over again here's the one thing I'd do different.  Now if you've faced tragedy in your life and your hopes have been crushed you need to hear this.  I'd shut out the world and get alone with God and not take another step until I heard His voice giving me His clear direction!  If it took one day or one month I'd be certain to hear His voice and then respond with His instruction.  There's nothing that brings peace like the voice of God!

God paid a great price with His Son Jesus Christ for you to hear His voice and He wants you to STOP and LISTEN!  Because even the wisest person can give you wrong advice if what their telling you isn't what God desires for your life.  Jeanie and I had many "voices" speaking to us during this time and we were extremely vulnerable.  Let me add these were well meaning people who loved us and I thank God for our many friends who have supported us during this season.  And please don't misunderstand me, we need each other.  WE NEED EACH OTHER!  I love relationships and believe they are needed in the Body of Christ.  But there should be no voice greater then the voice of God in your life!  And when He speaks, He calms the storm!  The Bible tells us that we are HIS sheep and HIS sheep know HIS voice.

If you've faced a tragedy in your life let me encourage you today.  Our Heavenly Father wants to speak to you.  He wants you to hear His tender voice of love and comfort.  Oh, and there's something that will happen when you hear His voice.  You'll begin to DREAM.......AGAIN!

I'm so thankful God's grace is greater then our mistakes and He makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him!  With this in our mind and heart we can REBUILD AND DREAM.......AGAIN!

Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment