Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quitting is not an option!  I've had to settle this in my heart.  Have there been times that giving up and living the "easy life" was something I thought about?  Most certainly!  Have I thought about just getting a simple decent paying job and moving to some small town and my wife and I just hide out for the rest of our lives?  Yes I have!  Well, Jeanie won't let us move to a very small town so let me say a "medium" size town. 

But friends listen to this.  If we did that we'd be living the rest of our lives as victims of our tragedy and that's just something I refuse to do.  Look at the following verse God spoke to the Children of Israel while they were still in captivity. 

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 

Now does that sound like "victim" living to you?  No way!  God says I've got a great plan for your life.  I don't want to sound to strong here but I've got to say what's on my heart.  There comes a time we've got to stop whining over our tragedy and "get back in the game."  Please, I'm not trying to be harsh and insensitive, and people who know me know that's true.  My desire is to encourage!  But quitting and just living as a victim the rest of your life is not God's plan for you.  He loves you and me and wants us to step into the new day He has prepared for us. 

One of the reasons I started this blog was because I felt the Spirit of God was telling me that there are many "wounded warriors" out there who have just quit because of some tragic event or circumstances that discouraged them to the point of giving up.  My challenge to you is to "get back in the game!"  God still has a great plan for your life and He wants to use your pain for His purpose. 

Several years ago a great woman of God by the name of Barbara Wentroble prophesied over my wife and I and said that God was going to give us the ability to pull people from the "trash heap" of life and make them men and women of God.  Little did we know that this ability would be developed and come from going through our own "trash heap!" 

Friends let me say it again.  God wants to use your pain for His purpose.  The tragedy, difficult circumstance, or whatever you want to call it, God wants to use it to reach and bring healing to others.  I can't wait to see all the people God is going to allow us to minister to out of our tragedy! 

There are times I still struggle with fear of failure and rejection but once I get into God's presence and hear His voice the fear and rejection leave and I'm encouraged to continue moving forward because I know God has great things in store for our future! 

The same can be true for you.  Will you still have struggles from time to time?  Absolutely!  But when you're living life as a victor and not a victim you can move forward and overcome every obstacle. 

So here's my challenge to you today:  "Get back in the Game" and DREAM.......AGAIN! AND NEVER FORGET THAT GOD IS FOR YOU!

Stay tuned for more

 

No comments:

Post a Comment