Monday, May 7, 2018

CHANGE

The God who never changes is always changing things!  Time changes things.

Yet we treat change like the plague and dig our heels in and demand it be done like it's been done the last 30 years.  Even if the change is for God's plan to be fulfilled.

There are days I reflect back on the years I attended grade school and I miss my hometown and the friends I grew up with.  And it doesn't help that I attended the greatest school in Texas, Port Neches-Groves.  Yep I still bleed purple from time to time!  Scalp-em Indians!

But it would seem odd and I'd probably end up in jail if I kept showing up at the High School trying to attend classes some 37 years later.

TIME HAS CHANGED THINGS!  The only way to stop this change is to die and I'm not ready for that, although it will happen one day.  And here's the truth, even when I die time will continue to change things on the earth.

Change is inevitable.  So why do we fight change so much?

In a recent elders meeting at our church, one of the elders, Terry Hitt, said something that is now forever engrained in my cerebral cortex.

"When people fight change it's because they want to be immutable like God and we are not. They want to be God."  WOW!

"I am the Lord, I do not change..." (Malachi 3:6)

That's why God's Word, the Bible, will never change.  Because the Author never changes!

But the God who never changes is always changing things!  One minute he speaks from a burning bush and then the next he speaks from a cloud.   On one occasion Jesus touches someone and heals them and then on another they touch Him and are healed.

One minute a blind man is healed after Jesus puts mud in his eyes and tells him to go for a swim in a pool of water and the next minute Jesus heals a blind man simply by speaking to him and telling him his faith has healed him.

The God who never changes is always changing things.

And when we fight that change we die spiritually and miss out on the miracle God has for us.  

SEEK AND SURRENDER!

Today I want to SEEK God with all my heart and hear His voice!

Then I want to SURRENDER to what He's doing in my life.  I want to SURRENDER to what He's doing in His church. I want to SURRENDER to what He's doing in the earth!

EVEN IF IT MEANS I NEED TO EXPERIENCE CHANGE!  

"For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." 
(Isaiah 43:19)

You and I can reach people in an ever-changing world with the Good News of a loving Heavenly Father that never changes, if we are willing to change!

Dreaming.......Again,

Ken Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment