Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Done with Divisiveness

In my lifetime I can't remember the United States of America being more divided than it is right now.   It seems the "Divided" States of America would better describe our country!  Although we should never lose HOPE in GOD  knowing that He is able to heal and restore our land.  

God has a remedy for our brokenness and it's found in the following scripture from the Bible.

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14)

I love the promise of God in this verse that is contingent on the actions of HIS CHILDREN!  Humility, prayer, seeking God's presence, and turning from our wicked ways gets the attention of our Heavenly Father who in turn forgives our sins and restores health to our land!

Now my concern and subject of this blog.  I can't remember a time in my lifetime that the church, God's children, has been more divided.  It seems the same divisive political spirit has infiltrated and infected  the Body of Christ in many ways.

No longer is it about being a follower of Jesus Christ but we now identify ourselves with being a Democrat, Republican or Libertarian.

Whether or not I support our current President now decides how healthy our relationship will be instead of us coming together as Jesus supporters.

Let me remind you of a prayer of Jesus.

"I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me." (John 17:21-23)

I think we need to take a stand and be "Done with Divisiveness" and be an answer to Jesus prayer!

I sincerely believe  the LOCAL CHURCH is the hope of the world.  We are the loving hands of God extended throughout our neighborhoods, cities and the whole world!

Two things I believe will bring the church together and bring us to a place of being Jesus Christ true representation in the earth.

1.  It's time for a "love one another" revival in the church.  How can we love a hurting world if we can't love one another?  

"Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”  (John 13:35)

2.  It's time for a "serve one another" revival in the church.

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love."  (Galatians 5:13)

Let's work together to get this political spirit out of the Body of Christ and be "Done with Divisiveness!"

A divided church is bad advertisement for a caring, loving God that sent his Son to the earth to die a horrible death on a cross.  

Make a choice today to not participate in the conversations that divide the FAMILY OF GOD.  Instead join me in a revival of love and serving one another!

I'm "Done with Divisiveness!"

Ken Woolf

  

No comments:

Post a Comment