Thursday, January 30, 2014

Recently while watching just a few minutes of American Idol my attention was captured by one of the contestants. It was a young lady who at one time had a recording contract in Nashville but lost it all due to her addiction to alcohol.  Something she openly talked about on the program.

But here she was now,  on the back side of her failure, embracing a new life and going for it again on American Idol.  It obviously took great courage for her to take this step.  No doubt she had to overcome fear and not worry about what others thought about her.

The idea that converged on my mind was that inside this lady was a "second chance!"  She was willing to take the risk and give it another shot.  She overcame  a failure mentality and took another chance because another chance was on the inside of her.

At this point the singer was more focused on pursuing her dream than she was on her past failures.  While she reflected on her failures she in no way allowed the past to control her but instead she was pursuing the passion of her heart.  In other words, she was DREAMING.......AGAIN!

Did she learn from her past mistakes?  Only time will tell that story but I believe she did! The point is she had a "second chance" on the inside of her and she was chasing her dreams. And when you pursue your dreams opportunities seem to come your way just as it did for her.

You and I can get knocked down in life but we don't have to stay down.  We can fail but if we pick ourselves up and keep trying we're not failures!

As I close this blog I"m challenged to ask myself, is a "second chance" on the inside of me? I know it's in the heart of God.  In fact He loves "second chances!"  He can turn things around in your life with just one Word  and give you a NEW DAY!

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead."  (Philippians 3:13 NLT)

 Just in case you didn't watch the show, this young lady received a "YES" from all three judges and she's on her way to Hollywood.  She may or may not win the competition but in my book she's already a winner because she was willing to try again.

And when you and I try again,  opportunities come knocking on our door and God says "YES!"

Loving "second chances!"

Ken


1 comment:

  1. Great I watched to and I am rooting for her she was very brave

    ReplyDelete