Monday, October 21, 2013

Fear!  I've not researched it myself but someone who has recently said that the phrase "Be Not Afraid" is used 365 times in the Bible.  I love it, one "Be Not Afraid" for each day of the year!  You think God might be trying to communicate something very important to us? 

Let me be very honest and transparent with you.  The biggest obstacle my wife and I have had to face is fear!  And the biggest fear we've faced is the fear of stepping out again and doing what we believe God is calling us to do.  One of the common things said in our house has been "we tried and it didn't work."  With this attitude what God can do in our lives is very limited.  With this attitude we begin to tell God what He can do with our lives and how to do it instead of us surrendering to God and doing whatever He says.  What keeps us from surrendering?  Fear! 

I personally believe the most potent tactic of the enemy to stop God's plan in your life is fear!  Fear is a paralyzing force and if allowed to control your life will hold you captive and keep you from God's best.  Please understand how dangerous fear can be if given a place in your heart. 

Let me say bluntly before I share with you how to overcome fear that you can dream all you want but if you are controlled by fear you will never step out on those dreams.  All your dreams will be is wishful thinking!  That may sound a bit strong but I hope it helps you understand the danger of being controlled by fear. 

But I love what the Bible says about fear.  2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  This verse alone is enough to tell you and me that we want nothing to do with fear!  I don't want anything God has not given me.  Look at what one commentary says about fear as it relates to the above verse.  "It's not from God; and it can immobilize and torment its victims, making them feel powerless and alone. Indecision or wrong decisions are then made that could give place to bondage and great human suffering." 

Are you struggling with fear today?  First know you're not alone!  So let me share one verse that I believe will help us all overcome fear. 

1John 4:18- "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 

Here's what I earnestly believe.  A person that is controlled by fear has lost sight of how much God loves them.  They no longer have a fresh revelation of God's love in their heart.  This person is no longer focused on the love of God.

Let me gently say that if you are ruled by fear it's very possible that you are more focused on you then you should be and you need to refocus on God and who He is.  And the Bible says that "God is love" and my friend His love is perfect!  Therefore, "perfect love casts out fear." 

I'm going to pray for every person that reads this blog.  Here's my simple prayer for you. "Heavenly Father I pray that each person who reads this blog will have a fresh revelation of your love.  May they fully understand the love that caused You to send your Son Jesus Christ to give His life for them.  And Father I declare that as they are filled with Your love fear will go in Jesus name!  Thank you Father for hearing and answering my prayer!" 

I encourage you to refocus your focus and face God's love instead of facing fear!  When you and I walk in the revelation of God's love for us we'll not only DREAM.......AGAIN but we'll also step out and begin to live the dreams God has given us.  You can trust Him, you really can!

Encouraging the world,

Ken Woolf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment