Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The audacity of God!  What do You mean "take another step of faith."  God do you know what happened after I took the last big step of faith?  We "walked on water" for a short time but then started sinking quick and now I feel like we're just treading water barely keeping our head above the water. 

This might be the conversation going on in your head if you've ever experienced failure after starting out on an adventure you believe God asked you to take.  But you have to make a decision, am I going to tread water the rest of my life or am I going to walk on water?  I've heard it said before the only true failures in life are those who stay down after falling. 

Many of you know the Bible story I'm referencing here concerning Peter who stepped out of the boat walking toward Jesus on the water but started to sink after taking his eyes off Jesus and focusing on the stormy seas.  Two great things about this story is that Peter did walk on water and when he began sinking he called on Jesus and Jesus lifted him out of the water and they returned to the boat.  Now how did Peter get back to the boat?  I'm guessing he walked on water again.

I know what it is to "sink" after stepping out of the boat and I know what it feels like to be in a place of barely keeping your head above water.  And if you're in this place today I have to ask you, are you ready to "walk on water again?"  First of all let's cry out to Jesus as Peter did.  "LORD SAVE ME!"   

Oh I guess I should have let you know this first.  If you're really serious about "walking on water" again instead of just treading water God will ask you to take another STEP OF FAITH.  Yes God has the audacity to ask you to take another step of faith.  After all, steps of faith can only be taken on top of the water, not while treading water. 

It's time to hear God, obey God and move forward with your life!  I recently listened to a message preached by Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church in Dallas, TX.  In his message he asked a question that has been replaying in my heart.  "Where's the next step of obedience for you?  Because that step of obedience could release a miracle in your life." 

Yes you'll probably have to overcome the thoughts of the past.  Yes you'll probably have to overcome fear.  But friends please don't allow the failures of your past to speak into your future!  It's time to be strong and courageous and overcome those fearful thoughts with faith in God.  In your failures it's important to know that GOD HAS NEVER FAILED YOU and He never will. 

So arise, hear God's voice, obey God and "walk on water!"  Yes it's time to DREAM.......AGAIN! Let me take it a step further and say it's time to WALK ON WATER.......AGAIN! 

Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)- "And it is impossible to please God without faith.  Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely him." 

Encouraging the World,

Ken Woolf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment